Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hey! I'm Tyler. Just a heads up, but I like to play guitar so I did some more research on them. One thing you should know is that all the sounds you hear during a song do not just come naturally or from good playing. Instead the most common way is with the help of foot pedals. foot pedals make many different and distinctive types of sounds. I play guitar so I know about these things because I have four pedals. I only have four and yet I've spent about $500.00 on foot pedals alone. There are plenty of other ways to make different sounds. For instance I was playing my guitar one day and I came back from cross country practice. I still had my watch on when I started to play I heard a continual tick...tick...tick...tick. I thought my amp was a time bomb getting ready to blow, but when I moved my hand away from the pickups, the sound faded. Eventually I found out that it was my watch. There are many ways to make different sounds, you just have to explore with it. There have been some great strides in guitars and computers alike. Now you can go to a music store and buy this program that you can install on your computer. It makes it so that you can play on the guitar, record what you play and mess with the sounds so that it can sound professional while being on the computer. http://www.digitech.com/ is the site that I use to look for pedals and multieffects processers. Another site that I used for other information was http://www.wikipedia.com/.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

hello, this is KrisTina, updating you on your grade for this assignment. After much ado, you've received partial credit, 20pts for your blogs, but none for your comments. If you've made comments and would like to object, be sure to do so with me or Mrs. Zdunowski, but as for now, you've received 30/50 pts for this assignment.

Unknown said...

Tyler, there is much for musicians online. Wouldn't it be fun if we could get the software to edit and create music on a computer? Let me know if you want to look into that.